Summer 08

Friday, September 12, 2008

Autotestcon Trade Show - Cherry on Top


I hadn't planned on going Thursday, because I had already been away from the kids too much, but what a blessing that I went on Thursday. It was truly a highlight for me. When I got there I was walking around the conference in half a daze when this gentleman asked if I wanted a water bottle that he couldn't take on the plane. We started talking and he said he from Indiana. I told him that I had served an LDS mission there and loved it. Then he said that he wanted to tour the Mormon sites before he went home. I spent the next hour answering all his questions about Mormons. Questions like why did we practice polygamy, do we still, view on divorce, lay ministry, eternal families, tithing, meeting blocks, prophets, chastity, and much more. I finally asked him if he would like Shaun and I to give him a tour of SLC after the conference. He accepted and my children were very gracious to let mom be gone one more night, and I hope the Lord understands why we didn't make it to Stake Temple Day. I went to tell Shaun and he said that the three gentleman whose both was across from ours were going to tour SLC after the conference as well, so them to go with us as well and they did. Shaun and I spent 6 hours answering non-stop questions from our friends, and if they weren't asking us questions they were asking the tour guides questions. Our friends in the picture are from left to right: Somnath from India, Mike from Indiana, Steve from Michigan, and Vinod from India. I can't even begin to express what a blessing these wonderful men are to me. All of those feelings I had toward the people on my mission came rushing back. That instant love you have for those you share the gospel with and the imense spirit you feel as you bear witness of God's truths to those who are seeking. I'm ready to sign up for my senior mission now. What a treat to feel our Savior's love for them all day. I haven't yearned for my mission days in a long time, but oh how I miss those days after yesterday. We went to the Lion House for a late lunch, then we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Bldg, Conference Center, temple square, and the geneaolgy library. We finally said goodbye as they went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir rehearsal. I can give you a log of all that we saw, but its the feelings from my heart I wish I could share with you. My heart is full of gratitude for the Lord blessing us with such a wonderful day, and for the privilege if making friends with these wonderful men. They all offered us tours of their home towns, and I've been dreaming of reasons we should go to India. This truly is God's work and he blesses us beyond our limited capacities when we reach out to others. My heart is overflowing with emotions as I reflect on the wonderful day we had, but I am grateful the Lord allowed us to have this experience. They thanked us, but we got the better end of the deal. Anyone need us to travel to Michigan, Indiana or India for them?

No comments: