Summer 08

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike



I called Shaun's parents this morning and they are in the dark but doing well. They are currently serving in Silsbee, TX on their mission and are riding out the hurricane. Their last area was Orange, TX and I hear they are getting the worst of the storm surge. Mom and Dad have two sister missionaries staying with them they were evacuated from Port Arthur, TX. It is currently under about 12 feet of water. Sister Olsen and Sister Allgaier are from Utah and I called their parents and let them know their daughters are well. I also told them I was grateful they are there to help mom and dad. The weather service says there are currently 4 million people without power and could be a week before power is restored. So far all is well and we will keep you informed on how they are doing.

No comments: