Summer 08

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Education Week 2008



Isaac and I went to Education Week at BYU with some friends from our ward. We went with Ann Mason and her son Scott, and Tyler Wagner. We had a great week together. We stayed in two of Ann's camping trailers on BYU's campus. Ann and I stayed with her parents in her sisters trailer and the boys stayed in Ann's trailer. In the mornings we got up and went and showered at the Provo Recreation Center. Made several friends who were there every morning with us. Heidi brought Chandler down and we enjoyed spending time with them as well. The classes were great. I learned many wonderful things and am now going back through my notes to see what things are most important for me to incorporate in my life. I don't remember which presenter said, "Are these just feel good thoughts or are you going to apply what you learn and improve your life", but this thought has stuck with me. So I am taking the time to evaluate all that I learned and making a plan to start making little changes here and there to become a better person, wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. Isaac really liked John Bytheway and Brad Wilcox. We went bowling together and that was fun. Ann and I went to Pride and Prejudice the musical while the boys went to the youth dance. The play was fantastic. It was so good I had Shaun come down Friday night and go to the play with me. As I go through my notes I may add tidbits here and there. Overall it was a great week and I enjoyed the spiritual feast.

2 comments:

The Bach 10 said...

Glad you all had a wonderful time!

ali cross said...

That's great! I've never been to Education Week, but that's so cool you were able to go with some of your family too.

Please do share the precious pearls you gleaned!